Monday 26 September 2011

"Garlic And Sapphires, the secret life of a food critic" Ruth Reichl


Ruth akceptuje posade krytyka kulinarnego dla New York Times...
Bedzie osadzac najlepsze restauracje w Nowym Yorku, w Ameryce, na swiecie...
Tylko jak rozpoznac, czy wspaniala obsluga, krotkie oczekiwanie na zamowione dania i ich spektakularny smak nie istnieja tylko dla niej? Na pokaz? Dla dodatkowej gwiazdki pod recenzja z ocena restauracji?
Ruth musi pozostac anonimowa! Ale jak, skoro jej zdjecia zdobia kuchnie kazdej restauracji w miescie, a wlasciciele wyznaczaja nagrody dla osoby, ktora pierwsza Ruth zauwazy?

''  'But who do you think I am?'  I ask.
'Oh, sweetie', she says, the s hissing snakelike from the gap in her teeth, 'I don't think. I know. In fact, if you would be kind enough to tell me where you're going to eat when we land in New York, you'd be doing me a big favor.'
'What on earth are you talking about?' I am truly baffled now. She has gobbled up the protein, avoided the peas, and her pale blue eyes are staring longingly at the sad salad. 'Be my guest', I say, holding out my plate.
'Your picture is all over New York', she says, her mouth full of lettuce. 'You're the restaurant critic of the Los Angeles Times, but you're about to become the most important restaurat critic in the world. You start at theNew York Times on' - she pauses for a moment, calculating - 'Friday, September third!' She forks up the last of the salad and adds, 'Every restaurant in town has your picture pinned to the bulletin board, next to the specials of the day.'
'You can't be serious,' I say.
She nods her blond head vigorously, and the lank hair whips across her face. As she shoves it out of her eyes I notice that she is wearing a sparkly little bracelet that spells out 'Jackie' in rhinestones, that her nails are covered with chipped purple polish, and that her muscled arms look as if they have carried a lifetime of heavy trays. 'I am. The place I work isn't the world's best restaurant, but the boss has a standing offer of five hundred bucks to anyone who spots you. Forget anonymity. A good review from the New York Times is worth thousands.' She considers for a few seconds. 'Could be millions.'   ''

:):):):)))))))))))))))))))))))

Poznajcie Molly.
Poznajcie Miriam.
Poznajcie Chloe.
Poznajcie Brendę.
Poznajcie Betty.
Poznajcie Emily...
A przy okazji wiele ciekawych miejsc i interesujacych osob...

No comments:

Post a Comment