Sunday 5 September 2010

'Her Fearful Symmetry' A.Niffenegger


''dearest e
I told you I would let you know - so here it is - goodbye.
I try to imagine what it would feel like if it was you - but it's impossible to conjure the world without you, even though we've been apart so long.
I didn't leave you anything. You got to live my life. That's enough. Instead I'm experimenting - I've left the whole lot to the twins. I hope they'll enjoy it.
Don't worry, it will be ok.
Say goodbye to Jack for me.
Love, despite everything.
e''
Rozpieszczone amerykanskie blizniaczki decyduja sie na przyjazd do Londynu i zamieszkanie w budynku graniczacym z Cmentarzem Highgate. Akcja rozwija sie nieoczekiwanie, a o jedzeniu jest malo - dziewczyny naleza raczej do tych z gatunku 'eterycznych' i zyja na puszkowanej zupie i tostach :).

Cmentarz Highgate jest polozony w Highgate, w polnocnym Londynie. Jest zabytkiem I-klasy zarejestrowanym w English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest. Podzielony na dwie czesci, Wschodnia i Zachodnia, ktore dzieli Swains Lane. Powstal w czasach wiktorianskich - otwarty w 1839roku, jako czesc 'Wspanialej Siodemki' ('Magnificent Seven') obejmujacej takze: Kensal Green Cementery (1832r.), West Norwood Cementery (1837r.), Abney Park Cementery (1840r.), Nunhead Cementery (1840r.), Brompton Cementery (1840r.) i Tower Hamlets Cementery (1841r.)
Wiecej informacji na www.highgate-cemetery.org i w ksiazce A.Niffenegger.





No comments:

Post a Comment